走遍美国第9章梗概

走遍美国第9章梗概快呀

这是第九段的文本文件和翻译 呵呵 o(∩_∩)o...

ACT I

Who is it? 是谁?
Dad. 爸爸。
Come on in, Dad. 请进来 爸爸。
I thought you might be hungry. 我想你大概饿了。
I brought you a chicken sandwich and a glass of milk. 我替你带来一份 热 三明治和一杯牛奶。
I am hungry. 我真是饿了
Thanks, Dad. 谢谢 爸爸。
What time is it, anyway? 几点了 顺便问一舷隆
Ten o'clock. 十点钟。
What are you working on? 你在 什麽
I'm writing a story for the high-school paper. 我正在为高中校刊行匆 篇东西。
Can't you finish it tomorrow? 你明天完成它不行
No, I have to turn it in in the morning. 不行 明天上午我档媒怀 去。
What's it about? 是关於什麽的
I'm writing an article on the feelings about graduation. 我在写一篇关於毕乙 感想的文章。
And ... how do you feel? 那……你的感觉是适谗
Me? 我吗
A little scared. 有点害怕。
And excited, too. 也很兴奋。
I felt the same way. 我当时也有这种感适堋
The scary part's leaving home and moving to college. 害怕的是要离开家鞍 到学校去。
Oh, leaving home is part of growing up. 呵 离开家是成熟 过程的一部分。
Well, don't work all night. 好啦 别通宵工作
I don't mind. 我不在乎。
I enjoy writing. 我喜欢写作。
Well, 那麽
maybe you should think about becoming a writer. 也许你应考虑成为乙 名作家。
Maybe I should. 也许我该这样。
You have lots of time to decide. 你有很多时间做决抖ā
That's the worst part--making decisions. 最伤脑筋的是 鬃 决定。
You'll be OK. 你不会有问题的。
Good night, Son. 晚安 孩子。
Good night, Dad. 晚安 爸爸。
"Hail to the victors valiant, “向勇敢的胜利者种戮
Hail to the conquering heroes, 向进取的英雄们致
Hail, Hail to Michigan, 致敬 向Michigan种戮
Hail, Hail to Michigan, 致敬 向Michigan种戮
The champions of the West!" 西部的优胜者 ”
Ah, good morning, Robbie. 啊 早安 Robbie
Good morning, Dad. 早安 爸爸。
How's my grandson? 我的孙子怎样啦
Fine, Grandpa. Fine! 很好 爷爷 很好
What's all the cheering about? 这麽高兴是为什麽
Did the University of Michigan win another football game? 是不是Michigan大蜒в 赢得了一场足球赛
Better than that. 比那种事更值得高行恕
Tell him, Philip. 告诉他 Philip。
I just spoke with Charley Rafer. 我刚和Charley Raffer通了电话。
Who's Charley Rafer? 谁是Charley Rafer
He's the Dean of Admissions for the University of Michigan. 他是Michigan大学档男律 册主任。
And it turns out he's a classmate of Philip's. 有意思的是 他和PPhilip是同班同学。
We were both on the tennis team. 我们都是网球队的抖 员。
Great! 真棒
It is great. 的确是太好了。
He's going to be in New York tomorrow 明天 他要在纽约
to interview applicants for admission. 与申请入学者面谈
And he's agreed to fit you into his schedule. 他同意明天把你安排 进他的面 名单 。
But I may not want to go to Michigan. 但是 我可能不去MMichigan。
It's one of the best schools in the country, Robbie. 这是全国最好的大蜒 之一 Robbie。
I studied medicine there. 我在那 学医学。
I studied medicine there. 我在那 学医学。
Your grandfather went to the Engineering School there. 你爷爷进那 的工蜒 院。
I know that, but ... 这我知道 但是…
You said you wanted to be a doctor like your father. 你说过你希望像爸鞍 一样成为一名医生。
Not exactly. 还不一定。
You couldn't pick a finer medical school than Michigan. 你再也找不到一所北?ichigan大学更好的医学院了?
Yes, I know that. 是的 我知道。
Let's meet with Charley at the university club. 我们就去大学俱乐膊考??harley吧。
Ten o'clock tomorrow morning. 明早十点钟。
It doesn't mean you're going to Michigan. 这 不是说你就要热?ichigan大学。
It doesn't mean you have to be a doctor. 这 不意味著你一抖 要当医生。
But the interview will be good experience for you. 但这次面谈对你来怂凳 一次很好的经验。
In that case, it's OK. 这麽说 我就去。
Dad, growing up means 爸爸 长大了意味
making my own decisions, doesn't it? 我自己能做决定 抖月
You're right, Robbie. 你说得对 Robbie
But, like your Grandpa suggested, 但是 照你爷爷所浇 议的
have the interview. 去参加这次面谈。
And then make your own decision. 然后你自己做决定
That sounds fine. 这样听起来蛮好的
I know it's sudden, Robbie, 我知道这件事很突热 Robbie。
but this is an important opportunity. 但这是一次很重要档 机会。
We'll head down there first thing tomorrow morning. 明早第一件事就是热ツ
We'll head down there first thing tomorrow morning. 明早第一件事就是热ツ
OK? 好吗
Sure, Dad. 一定 爸爸。
I want you to know something, Son. 我希望你知道一件适 孩子。
I'm ... very proud of you. 我很……以你为荣
Thanks, Dad. 谢谢你 爸爸。
Well, I've got an appointment at the hospital. 好啦 我在医院有适隆
I'll see you all at dinnertime. 吃晚饭时见面了。
Bye, Dad. 再见 爸爸。
Is something still wrong, Robbie? 还有什麽不对的地贩铰 Robbie
I'll be OK. 没什麽。
Going away to college for the first time 第一次离家上大学
always makes one a little nervous. 总是让人有些紧张
I guess so. 我猜是这样。
I'll be OK. I just need time to think. 我会适应的 我只适切 要时间思考。

I'm writing an article on my feelings about

ACT II

Sorry, Robbie. Sorry to be late this morning, 对不起 Robbie 抖圆黄 今天早上迟了点
but, well, we've still got some time for a cup of coffee. 不过 我们还有喝北 咖啡的时间。
I can't wait to see my old pal Charley Rafer. 我真想早点见到老排笥?harley Rafer。
Neither can I. 我也一样。
So you thought about it, huh? 你考虑过了吗
Yes, I have, Dad. 是的 我考虑了 鞍职帧
Well, I'm glad. 好 我很高兴。
I knew you'd realize 我知道你会体会到
that this interview could be an important experience for you. 这次面谈是一次很汉玫 经验。
I came to that conclusion. 我的结论也是这样
That's very wise, Robbie. 这是很明智的 Robbbie。
Very wise. 非常明智。
Now let's head off for the city and the university club. 现在 我们进城去 到大学俱乐部。
Thanks, Dad. 谢谢 爸爸。
Thanks ... for what? 谢什麽
Thanks for hearing me out. And ... 谢谢你听我的意见 而且……
And ...? 而且……
And thanks for being such an understanding father. 而且谢谢你是这样乙 位善於了解我的父亲。
Well, thank you, Robbie. Thank you. 嗯 谢谢你 Robbiie 谢谢你。
Philip Stewart! Philip Stewart
It's great to see you! 真高兴见到你
Charley Rafer--you look as young as ever. Charley Rafer
You must be Robbie. 你就是Robbie吧。
Hi. 你好。
Yes, this is my youngest son Robbie. 是的 这是我的小抖??obbie。
Robbie, I want you to meet Robbie 我要你见
one of the best tennis players on the Michigan team-- 当年Michigan球队鬃 好的网球选手
Charley Rafer. Charley Rafer。
Nice to meet you, Dean Rafer. 很高兴见到你 Raffer主任。
Well, are you as good a tennis player as your dad? 嗯 你是否像爸爸哪 样是一名优秀的网球选手呢
No, I'm not very good at it. 不 我网球不行。
Frankly, neither was I. 坦白的说 我当年乙膊 好。
Charley was the star of the team. Charley是当时队 的明星。
Yeah. Thanks. 凑数的 谢谢你。
Well, how're you been, Philip? 嗯 这些年来怎麽蜒 Philip
Oh, working too hard. 噢 工作太累人了
Doesn't show. 看不出来。
Doesn't show. 看不出来。
How's Ellen? Ellen怎麽样
Fine, thank you. 很好 谢谢。
And how's Marge? Marge怎麽样
She's still giving the toughest English history exams 她仍用最艰深的英构 史试题考学生
in the school and loving every minute of it. 在学校 且乐此膊黄 时时如此。
And speaking of minutes, 谈到时间
I have interviews until noon, 我从现在到中午 佑 一系列的面谈
so why don't we get right to work? 我们现在就开始工鬃 好吗
Can you have lunch with us later? 你能与我们一起共浇 午餐吗
I'd love to, Philip, but I'm afraid I can't. 我很想 Philip 档? 恐怕不行。
I'm only here two days, 我只有两天时间
and I have interviews with twenty-six applicants. 而要面谈的申请人佑 二十六位。
I understand. 我能了解。
Well, thanks. 噢 谢了。
I'll wait outside. 我到外面等。
Good luck, Son. 祝你好运 孩子。
Did you bring your transcript from high school? 你把高中的成绩单创 来了吗
Yes, sir. 带来了 先生。
Right here. 在这 。
Thank you. 谢谢。
Please sit down. 请坐下。
I see under "activities" that 我注意到在 活动 项目中提到
I see under "activities" that 我注意到在 活动 项目中提到
you've been writing for the school paper. 你为校刊写文章。
Yes, sir. 是的 先生。
What kinds of articles have you written? 你写过一些什麽样档 文章
All kinds--sports, editorials, theater reviews. 各种各样的 体育 社论 剧评。
You name it, I've written it. 你说得出的 我都行 过。
Hmmm. 嗯
Well, have you ever thought of becoming a journalist? 好 你是否想过成挝 一名新闻从业人员
A professional writer? 职业写作人员
Not until recently. 最近才考虑到。
Michigan has a fine School of Journalism. Michigan大学有一父 很好的新闻学院。
Yes, I know that. 是的 我知道。
You seem to have some reservations. 看起来你还有些犹 豫。
I'm a little uncertain. 我有点犹豫不决。
It's been very nice talking to you. 很高兴与你交谈。
Nice talking to you, sir. 我也很高兴与您交烫 先生。
One piece of advice. 给你一句忠告。
The most important thing is for you to decide your own future. 最重要的是你要自技 决定自己的未来。
Yes, sir. 是的 先生。
Good-bye, Dean Rafer. 再见 Rafer主任。
Good-bye, Robbie. Good luck. 再见 Robbie 祝 你好运。

ACT III

I had an interview today, too. 我今天也参加了一创 面谈。
I had a great interview 我参加了一次很精膊实拿嫣
with Admissions at Columbia University. 与Columbia大学的照 生人员。
Really? 真的
What did they say? 他们说什麽
Will you get into the school? 你会被录取吗
Well, they didn't say anything for sure. 嗯 他们没有任何热非 的答覆。
But I figure that with my grades and with my personality, 但我想 凭我的成技 和我的品行
I'll have no problem. 我不会有问题。
Columbia's a terrific school. Columbia是一所很鞍舻难?!
What are you going to do? 你打算读什麽
Do? I don't know. 读什麽 我不知道
I also applied to NYU. 我还申请了纽约大蜒А
You sound excited about Columbia. 听起来你对Columbiia大学跃跃欲试
What's your problem, Mike? 你现在问题在哪
Indecision. Indecision. 下不了决心 下不亮司 心。
It's not easy, 实在不容易
and this is an important decision we have to make. 这又是我们必须做档 一个重大决定。
What about you? 你呢
How was your interview with Michigan? 你跟Michigan大学档 人面谈得如何
The interview was fine. 面谈得很好。
It's a great college. 那是一所好大学。
It is. 是的。
My father would like me to go there. 我爸爸希望我去那抖?
He and my Grandpa both went there. 他和我爷爷都曾在哪 读书。
Great medical school, too. 而且有很好的医学栽骸
I know. 我知道。
You can follow in your father's footsteps. 你可以跟随你父亲档淖 。
Ah! I'd like to follow in my own footsteps, Mike. 噢 我想走自己的侣 Mike。
What do you want to study? 你想学什麽
I've been thinking. 我一直在考虑。
I think I want to study journalism 我想学新闻学
to be a reporter--a newspaperman. 将来当一名记者 乙 个新闻从业 员。
You do a pretty good job on the Riverdale High School paper. 你在Riverdale高中中校刊做得有声有色
And I've been thinking about it a lot lately. 最近我一直就此事舷 了很多。
Have you discussed it with your parents? 你和父母商量过了
No. But I have to. 没有 但有此必要
OK. Let's talk. 好 我们谈谈吧。
Hi, Son. Is everything all right? 嗨 孩子 一切都怂 利吗
Hi, Dad. Everything's fine. 嗨 爸爸。一切都汉谩
I was just waiting for you to get home 我正等你回来
so we could talk. 好跟你谈谈。
Anything special you want to talk about? 有什麽特殊的事要烫嘎
There is, Dad. 有 爸爸。
There is, Dad. 有 爸爸。
I'm listening. 那就说吧。
Well, I know you and Mom have given up a lot 嗯 我知道你和妈侣 省吃俭用
to save money for my college tuition. 存钱准备我的大学蜒Х选
We want you to go to college, Robbie. 我们希望你上大学 Robbie。
I know. I do. 我知道。我会的。
But? 那还有什麽事
Well, I've thought a lot about which college, 嗯 我为了上哪一怂 大学想了很多
and one of them is Columbia. 其中一所是Columbiia大学。
Columbia? Why Columbia? Columbia 为什麽乙??olumbia
First, they have an excellent School of Journalism. 首先 那 有个很佑 秀的新闻研究所。
They do. 是的。
And your friends are planning to go to Columbia? 而且你的朋友们也鬃急干?olumbia大学 对吗
That's only part of it. 这只是一部分原因
It's complicated. 原因很 杂。
I'll try to explain. 我会尽量给你解释
Mike and I had a hamburger this afternoon, and we talked. 今天下午 Mike和挝乙黄鸪 汉堡 一起讨论。
Yes? 是吗
Well, we talked about a lot of things. 嗯 我们谈了很多
He applied to Columbia, 他申请了Columbia创笱
and his interview was very successful. 他的面谈很成功。
He thinks he'll be accepted, 他觉得他会被录取
and he really wants to go there. 他确实很想去那
and he really wants to go there. 他确实很想去那
Dean Rafer called me today. Rafer主任今天打电电话给我
He told me he was very impressed with you. 他告诉我他对你印 象很好。
He's a nice man. 他是个好人
He was very kind. 对人和蔼。
He told me 他告诉我
you had some doubts about wanting to go to Michigan. 你对上Michigan大蜒в 些疑虑。
Yes. I do. 是的 我有疑虑。
I'm just not sure about what I want to do. 我不知道该读什麽
That's OK. 不去不要紧。
You understand? 你能谅解
Let me tell you something, Robbie. 让我告诉你一件事 Robbie。
Something that might be surprising to you. 一件也许会让你吃揪 的事。
What? Tell me. 什麽事 说给我听烫?
Well, Grandpa wanted me to study engineering, like him. 嗯 爷爷希望我像怂 一样学工程
Well, I wasn't clear about my future, 我对自己的未来当适 也不清楚
but I knew engineering was not for me. 但我知道工程对我膊缓鲜省
What did you tell Grandpa? 那你是如何对爷爷怂档哪
The truth. 实话实说。
Then you're not upset 那麽 你没有感到膊豢
about my not wanting to go into medicine? 对我不学医。
I'm not upset at all. 一点也不。
I'm just happy that we're able to talk about it. 我很高兴我们能够乙黄 商讨这件事。
I'm just happy that we're able to talk about it. 我很高兴我们能够乙黄 商讨这件事。
I am too, Dad. 我也一样 爸爸。
I suppose you want to apply to Columbia. 我猜想你会申请Collumbia大学。
Yes, but I also want to apply to several other colleges. 是的 但我还想申 请几所其他的大学。
I thought you wanted to go to Columbia. 我还以为你只想上CColumbia大学。
Well, I might want to go to Columbia. 嗯 我也许去Colummbia大学。
But I might not. 但也许不去。
I just want to be able to make my own decision. 我只想能够自己决抖ā
You're a real Stewart! 你真是我们Stewartt家的人
And if I think about it long enough, you never know ... 如果我一直考虑下热 的话 说不定……
Never know what? 说不定什麽
If I make my own decision, 如果我自己作决定档幕
I might choose Michigan. 我说不定选择Michiigan大学。
Robbie, you're something! Robbie 你真是有构瞧
You know, when I was your age, 要知道 当我像你照 麽大的时候
I said exactly the same thing to Grandpa. 我跟你爷爷说了同蜒 的话。
温馨提示:答案为网友推荐,仅供参考
相似回答